17 Jul 2020

New Shoes

Again! I know - it's only 4 years since I last got some...


A lot less bouncy than the old new ones - but these are hybrid trail/road runners. (The proof is the tiny blob of mud on the sole) The old ones were getting very smooth and slippery - and these are grippy and will get me through the muddy winter. Yay!
Also, they don't look like Day-Glo bumper cars like many of the others I was offered: I mean, please, who would wear those monstrosities?

Saucony Trail. Perhaps I will get sponsorship for promoting their product. It's unlikely, I'm no influencer

5.29 km
6m 30s min/km

Although I really wanted to walk, I applied the principle that walking is a choice, not compulsory (unless you have stress fractures) So I did slow down to a snail's pace but I kept running. It wasn't lovely: I don't do this as a hobby. I wish it was more of a compulsion but it's not - it's a pragmatic approach to keeping fit while also getting some vitamin D.

And it's the first time I've run twice in a week.

No comments: