19 Nov 2012

2 weeks

It's a bit of a long time between runs - even I can recover in less time than that... My excuse is that I had to work last weekend and so the running disappeared.
Yesterday's run was OK - the weather was fab - bright and cold - ideal for running.  Mind, I was struggling by the end of the 30 mins and I only did a shade over 3 miles so I have a long way to go if I will ever want to do another 1/2 marathon.
Getting up to 5 miles would feel like an achievement....

Injuries 24 hours later:
1. aching calfs but nothing too bad
2. an instep blister, right foot (haven't had one of those for 3 years. Perhaps socks would be in order...)
3. weird pain in left foot around the break, but I'm hoping this is a settling in / adaptation sort of pain. In yoga the other day I nticed my left toes were a bit higgledy piggledy compared with my right foot so I guess I still need to make some adjustments.

The best advice really would be to run more I guess...

No comments: